Awards and Distinctions
• Numerous awards as a child prodigy.
• Frequent recitalist, and soloist with Bay Area orchestras.
• Oberlin Conservatory scholarship student winning;
– Second place: National Federation of Music Clubs' National Biennial Piano Competition, 1965,
– Fourth place: International Bach Competition, Washington D.C., 1966,
– Third International Tschaikovsky Competition, Moscow, 1966,
awarded as concert pianist for competing Oberlin cellist,
– Senior Concerto Competition winner, Hurlbutt Award for "Most Outstanding Student," 1967,
– Phi Kappa Lambda Award 1967.
• Indiana University School of Music Master's Level Mozart Concerto Competition Winner, 1968.
• Touring concert pianist for internationally acclaimed cellist Janos Starker.
• Touring concert pianist for violinist Jacques Israelevitch, assistant Concertmaster Chicago Symphony and Concert Master St. Louis Symphony.
• Chairman Piano Department, Alabama State University, 1969—1971.
• First Place Winner, Birmingham Symphony Orchestra Artist Competition, 1971.
• Teaching positions at Indiana University School of Music, and University of Nevada, Reno.
• First recipient of Apprentice Coach Scholarship, San Francisco Opera Merola Division.
• San Francisco State University staff accompanist.
• Early education consultant for Yamaha Educational Program, Sherman Clay Corporation.